What Is Home Window Tint?
Residential window films have been on the market for decades. We typically think of window tint for cars, however, in the last twenty or so years, house window tint has really become a big thing. Before we get into why installing window tint is such a great product, let’s first discuss what it is.
Window Film is a thin piece of laminate or ceramic film that can be installed on either the interior or exterior of a window. You can install window film on your home windows, car windows and on commercial building windows. Here at Precision we install window tint on residential and commercial windows but not on cars. Window film has come a long way over the years. Gone are the days of the purple, bubbly, horrible looking window film. In fact, now you can have a window tint installed that you can’t even tell is on your windows, or you can get window tint that is mirrored. The choice is really all up to you!
8 Benefits To Residential Window Tinting In Denver
Living in the Mile High City has it’s advantages and disadvantages. Really the advantages are too numerous to mention, however, one disadvantage is living at such a high altitude. Living at a higher altitude means we have more problems with fading, glare and heat. Have you ever had a problem with your hardwood floors, furniture or artwork fading? Do you find the glare from the sun to be too bright, even inside your house? How about glare affecting your tv or computer screen? Does the sun come into your house causing it to heat up too much? Are your energy bills high? House window tint can solve all these problems and more. Notice 8 benefits of residential tinting in Denver.
- Make your home more comfortable in the summer and winter.
- Conserve energy and save money.
- Reduce fading.
- Tame harsh glare.
- Protect your family from the dangers of UV ray induced skin diseases and photosensitivity.
- Acts as a safety shield in the event of broken glass.
- Add privacy from your neighbors.
- Getting your house windows tinted is one of the best, easiest and cheapest ways to lower your energy bills!
What To Look For In A Residential Window Tint
There are a couple of things to find out about the window film before you decide which brand to install. See how much UVA and UVB rays it rejects. Settle for nothing less than 99%. You will also want to find out where the UV inhibitors are placed? Make sure they are not placed only in the adhesive. If they are, they will start breaking down very quickly. Most companies will say they have the best window film, but can they back that up with proof?
Look at the warranty on the window tint. Make sure all parts of the window film is covered. Also, look at the type of adhesive being used. The adhesive is one of the most important parts of the window tint. Please read below as to why we can say Vista’s adhesive and their window film overall, really is the best on the market.
You might be wondering if window film will crack your windows or burst your seals? Should you install it on Low-E glass? Or, will you lose your manufacturer’s warranty if you install it on your home windows? We have answered all of these questions on our Window Tint FAQ page.
Vista/LLumar Window Tint Really is the Best on the Market
As we mentioned earlier on this page, anyone can say they have the best window tint, but can they back that up? The answer for us is, yes! Here are 6 reasons why can we can say Vista by LLumar is the best window film:
- Vista window tint offers 99.9% UV rejection of UVA and UVB rays. That’s 0.9% more than most companies. That may not sound like much, but if you read all the boring technical stuff on UV rays, it adds up to a lot.
- The UV inhibitors are placed not only in the adhesive, but also within the layers that eventually make up the film. Most other window tint companies place them only in the adhesive. That means typically within five years it will deteriorate down to only rejecting about 73% of the UV rays.
- Vista window tint doesn’t contain any trichromatic dyes or pigments that would change or discolor over time.
- It has a CDF (clear distortion free) Adhesive. This adhesive has never once had a failure in over 39 years.
- It has an R-Value which means it is an insulating window tint. So it helps keep the heat out in the summer and the heat in during the winter.
- Vista has one of the best warranties on the market.
Did you know that without tint applied to your windows, approximately 50% of your utility bills are wasted by heat gain or loss through your windows? See what Vista/LLumar home window tint looks like installed.
Following are some helpful resources on window tint:
Other Services We Offer:
Commercial Window Tinting, Anti-Graffiti Film and Safety and Security Film in addition to window tinting, we do window cleaning in Lakewood, Golden, Morrison, Arvada and Littleton. We also do Sun Solar Shades, Exterior Window Shades, Patio Shades and Shy Zip Shades.
Common Tags: Home window tinting Denver, residential window tinting Denver. Home window filming Denver, residential window filming Denver. Heat control window film, smooth glass window film. Glare reduction film, residential tinting Denver and house window tinting Denver. House window filming Denver, how to lower your energy bills.