2 Frequently Asked Questions About Home Window Tinting
Okay so I thought I would take the next several weeks and answer some of the questions we get asked the most about home window tinting and commercial window tinting.
1. What Are Some Benefits To Home Window Tinting?
- Helps to reduce fading to your furniture, artwork, carpets, hardwood floors, etc.
- Vista window tint, the window tint we install, will reject 99.9% UV Rays
- Reduces your energy bills, thus saving you money
- It helps to eliminate hot spots, thus making your home or office more comfortable
- It can reject up to 80% of the sun’s solar energy from coming into your home or office
- Drastically reduces glare
- Helps to increase your privacy, if you want it to
- Enhances the aesthetics of a building
- Increases safety if the window is broken, keeping the glass in tact
2. How Long Will It Take My Window Tint To Dry?
This can vary. One large factor is the time of year. Nice sunny hot days and direct sunlight to the windows means your window tint will dry faster. On the other hand, cool non-sunny days means it will take longer to dry. Please be assured, even if it takes longer, it will dry-out completely.
Another thing to keep in mind is the type of window tint installed. Some window tints are thicker than others, for example, security films can be double or triple the thickness of regular solar control window tint so they would take a lot longer to dry out.
Upon installation the window tint installer will squeegee out as much moisture as possible, however, they can not get 100% of the moisture out. This may cause a cloudy look or you might see little water puddles in the film, don’t be alarmed, this normal! As the window tint drys out these will go away.
So taking all these things into consideration, the dry-out time can be anywhere from a few days to a couple of months.
In my next blog we will talk about if window tint will scratch and will it make your windows break?
If you live in the Denver, Colorado Springs or Fort Collins area and would like a free in-home consultation for window tint you can either give us a call at 303-278-3456 or visit our website at www.precisionfilm.com and fill out the form at the bottom of the page.